Page 1 of 1
Image on FAT partition
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:00 pm
by MI6
I have been done an image on portable hard disc which is formated in FAT system.
Now I have Image for Windows 7 about 20Gb and it's divided in 5 image parts (from Windows 7 to Windows 7.4). Every image of these 4, is 4.194.302KB in size.
When I try to restore windows through DOS with bootable CD, Terabyte don't recognize this image (this is an invalid image).
How I can solve this.
Regards.
Re: Image on FAT partition
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:26 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Is IFD on your CD the same version (or later) as the version used to create the backup?
Re: Image on FAT partition
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm
by MI6
I didn't change anything.
Re: Image on FAT partition
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 pm
by Brian K
Did you create the image with the same IFD CD that you are using for the restore? Which version of IFD?
Did you create the image with IFW? If so, which version?
Re: Image on FAT partition
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:14 am
by MI6
I have change hard disc, then clone windows partition to new hard disc. Also I copy Image file that I have done on old hard disc to new one.
When I try to restore windows from Image file I can't accses to image, always Error 13 appears {This is not valid image file)
Image was created with IFW .
Please help!
Re: Image on FAT partition
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 am
by Brian K
It's difficult to help when you don't read our replies.
Re: Image on FAT partition
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:39 pm
by TeraByte Support
Attempt to validate the file on the old drive and new drive using the latest
version of the program.
If one is good and the other bad, then it got corrupted on the copy. If
both bad, then the system can have bad memory or something corrupted the
original (such as some defrag utilities).
"MI6" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I have change hard disc, then clone windows partition to new hard disc. Also
I copy Image file that I have done on old hard disc to new one.
When I try to restore windows from Image file I can't accses to image,
always Error 13 appears {This is not valid image file)
Image was created with IFW .
Please help!