Page 1 of 1

TBI mount and Linux

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm
by userX
If I want to mount an IFL image of a backup of an unencrypted Linux partition so that I can open and view its individual files, etc., what can I do to make it work if I have a Windows OS when launching TBI Mount?

Re: TBI mount and Linux

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:43 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
You would have to have support for the Linux file system in Windows in order for it to be mounted by Windows.

Have you tried using TBIView? It supports the common Linux formats.

Re: TBI mount and Linux

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 pm
by userX
TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> You would have to have support for the Linux file system in Windows in
> order for it to be mounted by Windows.
>
> Have you tried using TBIView? It supports the common Linux formats.

TBIView works perfectly on these Linux files, but it only lets me see the files' names and the directory structures. I want to be able to click on files and view them immediately while in a Windows OS. As far as I am aware, with TBIView I have to extract them from the image and then browse out to where they are in the Windows directory and click them again to open them to read them, and then I would have to delete a file finally if I only needed to read it. At least that is how I understand its procedure. Thanks.

Re: TBI mount and Linux

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:25 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
That's correct. You would have to copy out or extract the files first.