Help please - IFL boot stalls on Acer Aspire ZC-605
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 am
I'm trying to use Image for Linux (v 2.79) to image a new Acer Aspire
ZC-605 with Windows 8 installed as purchased.
System BIOS is P11-A0 with build date 12/28/2012
Went into BIOS and disabled secure boot, set the optical drive to be first
in the boot sequence.
When booting up, was presented with a multi choice menu for grub.
Whilst I was looking in a puzzled way at the menu, it went ahead and booted
(presumably to its default choice) and I was happily thinking success.
However, the process came to a halt after the line "autorun"
Message displayed was as follows (between the asterisks):-
*****
VFS: cannot open root device "(null)" or unknown block (0,0)
Please append a correct "root= " boot option
here are the available partitions:-
Kernel panic - not syncing : VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown
block (0,0)
Pid" 1, com: swapper/0 Not tainted 3.2.37-iflnet #1
Call Trace:
[] ? panic +0x4d/0x134
[] ? mount_blcok_root+x1e6/0xfa
[] ? mount_root+0x7b/0x8f
[] ? parse_early_options+0x18/0x18
[] ? prepare_namespace+0x142/0x172
[] ? kernel_init+0xf8/0x101
[] ? kernel_thread_helper+0x6/0xd
*****
The onboard SATA mode in BIOS is set to AHCI
(alternative choice available is native IDE)
Would be grateful for advice as to how I can get IFL to image and restore
on this computer.
Thanks,
John S
ZC-605 with Windows 8 installed as purchased.
System BIOS is P11-A0 with build date 12/28/2012
Went into BIOS and disabled secure boot, set the optical drive to be first
in the boot sequence.
When booting up, was presented with a multi choice menu for grub.
Whilst I was looking in a puzzled way at the menu, it went ahead and booted
(presumably to its default choice) and I was happily thinking success.
However, the process came to a halt after the line "autorun"
Message displayed was as follows (between the asterisks):-
*****
VFS: cannot open root device "(null)" or unknown block (0,0)
Please append a correct "root= " boot option
here are the available partitions:-
Kernel panic - not syncing : VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown
block (0,0)
Pid" 1, com: swapper/0 Not tainted 3.2.37-iflnet #1
Call Trace:
[] ? panic +0x4d/0x134
[] ? mount_blcok_root+x1e6/0xfa
[] ? mount_root+0x7b/0x8f
[] ? parse_early_options+0x18/0x18
[] ? prepare_namespace+0x142/0x172
[] ? kernel_init+0xf8/0x101
[] ? kernel_thread_helper+0x6/0xd
*****
The onboard SATA mode in BIOS is set to AHCI
(alternative choice available is native IDE)
Would be grateful for advice as to how I can get IFL to image and restore
on this computer.
Thanks,
John S