Page 1 of 1

New COMBINE option observations

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 pm
by tas3086
Nice job on the new combine option. I think that this will let me take daily incremental updates and then combine into an end-of-the-month base, that then becomes the base for the next months of incremental updates. Nice!!

I've tried COMBINE with both dos and windows (inter-mixed) incrementals, and it seems to find the correct files to combine, even though the hard drive numbers change between the two operating systems ( I use the /SCH option to set the combine search locations.) Again- NICE!!

Question: the only peculiar thing that I noticed is that COMBINE is only available through the command line OS version(s) and not available through the GUI version ... Although the GUI progress is shown during the combine process. Any reason why?

I have not tried to restore an intermixed (DOS and WIN) increments that were combined as a new base yet. Should I expect any problems?

Again, nice job, real nice !!
Thank You