Page 1 of 1

Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:46 am
by tas3086
I would like to create a bootable ISO image that contains the following:
- full tbosdt image with all scripts that boots to a C: tbos command prompt.
- Image for Dos GUI system
- Ability to add my own script to the ISO image, and automatically start my .tbs script automatically

Can MAKEDISK be configured to accomplish this task?

My goal is to add a windows-boot manager item (using easy BCD2.2) that will allow me to boot through windows to a TBOSDT C: prompt. EasyBCD 2.2 allows the creation of a boot manger entry that boots to a name.ISO file on disk. This will allow me to run terabyte utilities under a ntfs system. I've tested this out using IFD makedisk .ISO which boots to a GUI image. I need to get to a command line prompt first, to run my backup script that calls image.exe.

Any suggestions?

Re: Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:44 am
by TeraByte Support
You know about this:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/howto-ifd-bootfile.htm

correct?


"tas3086" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I would like to create a bootable ISO image that contains the following:
- full tbosdt image with all scripts that boots to a C: tbos command prompt.
- Image for Dos GUI system
- Ability to add my own script to the ISO image, and automatically start my
..tbs script automatically

Can MAKEDISK be configured to accomplish this task?


Re: Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 pm
by tas3086
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I understand the bootfile function, but it requires me to be well into windows execution in order to execute the bootfile command. Creating a modified image of a combined (makebos)TBOS and (makedisk)IFD .ISO (bootable cd type image), will allow me to place an item on the Windows Boot Manager (startup or F8) screen, and go directly into a TBOS prompt without having to wait for windows to startup and shutdown.

In short, I want to use the IFD makedisk command to make an ISO image that sends me to a c: prompt, rather than directly into image.exe, and I want to add a few more TBS scripts to that image.

( I can do this by creating a bootable (microsoft) DOS disk, installing TBOS and IFD there, and then converting all that to a bootable .iso image ... and place that on the Windows Boot Manager Screen, but that is almost exactly what Makebos/Makedisk do, and does not require me to goof around with yet another set of products. )

Re: Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:57 pm
by Brian K
tas3086,

Have you considered running your own scripts from BIBM using the Run icon?

Re: Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:20 pm
by TeraByte Support
If you have a normal non-UEFI booting system then you can use BIBM to
control all that.

But yes, you could modify the makedisk.cfg file to include your additional
scripts.

"tas3086" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I understand the bootfile function, but it
requires me to be well into windows execution in order to execute the
bootfile command. Creating a modified image of a combined (makebos)TBOS and
(makedisk)IFD .ISO (bootable cd type image), will allow me to place an
item on the Windows Boot Manager (startup or F8) screen, and go directly
into a TBOS prompt without having to wait for windows to startup and
shutdown.

In short, I want to use the IFD makedisk command to make an ISO image that
sends me to a c: prompt, rather than directly into image.exe, and I want to
add a few more TBS scripts to that image.

( I can do this by creating a bootable (microsoft) DOS disk, installing TBOS
and IFD there, and then converting all that to a bootable .iso image ... and
place that on the Windows Boot Manager Screen, but that is almost exactly
what Makebos/Makedisk do, and does not require me to goof around with yet
another set of products. )


Re: Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 pm
by tas3086
BIBM works fine as long as you have a FAT file system available, and don't get me wrong, I like BIBM a lot. But, still looking for a method to run IFD from a NTFS file system (that hosts a bootable IFD/tbos image). I'm willing to play with makedisk and will post any good results here in the scripts section of the forum. But first, is there any documentation on what goes into the makedisk.cfg file?

Re: Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 am
by TeraByte Support
no docs, just look at one like at the various .cfg files to see how to "Add"
items. like Add0= Add1= etc..


"tas3086" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

BIBM works fine as long as you have a FAT file system available, and don't
get me wrong, I like BIBM a lot. But, still looking for a method to run IFD
from a NTFS file system (that hosts a bootable IFD/tbos image). I'm willing
to play with makedisk and will post any good results here in the scripts
section of the forum. But first, is there any documentation on what goes
into the makedisk.cfg file?


Re: Makedisk question for IDF

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 pm
by tas3086
Thanks for the pointers, got it working.
Works great.