Converted TBI to VMDK - how do I open it in VMware Player?
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:53 pm
I followed the Knowledgebase article on converting an Image to a VMDK to virtualize it. I successfully created a VMDK from my TBI file.
Now I would like to run the VM. I'm trying to open it with VMWare Player.
From "File Open" the file type choices are VMX, vmc, s2vi, tib, and ovf/ova. VMDK is not offered as an option.
I also tried to create a new VM in the folder where my VMDK is, but it warns that a VM is already present, and bad things would happen if I created another one there.
So in the first case it doesn't see my file, in the second case it does.
Looking at a different folder where I had previously created a VM from a local partition, I see there is a VMDK, a VMX, a VMXF and a VMSD file of the same name as the virtual machine.
How do I create the other required filed needed to run the VM?
Now I would like to run the VM. I'm trying to open it with VMWare Player.
From "File Open" the file type choices are VMX, vmc, s2vi, tib, and ovf/ova. VMDK is not offered as an option.
I also tried to create a new VM in the folder where my VMDK is, but it warns that a VM is already present, and bad things would happen if I created another one there.
So in the first case it doesn't see my file, in the second case it does.
Looking at a different folder where I had previously created a VM from a local partition, I see there is a VMDK, a VMX, a VMXF and a VMSD file of the same name as the virtual machine.
How do I create the other required filed needed to run the VM?