Convert from RAID 0 to individual discs
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:51 am
Current situation:
Two 500GB discs in RAID 0 configuration containing partitions created in this order 'Windows XP', 'Data', 'Windows 7', 'More data'
Dual boot XP or 7
Target situation:
Two individual discs of 500GB each. Disc 1 'Windows XP', 'Windows 7'. Disc 2 'Data', 'More data'
Dual boot XP or 7
Extra info:
The Motherboard/drivers raid implementation is not reliable, heavy use like video editing often causes system stalls for a while and sometimes data corruption necessitating partition restores.
The OS is Windows 7 professional.
There is too much data to restore everything to one disc and move partitions later though 'Windows XP', 'data' and 'Windows 7' would fit.
I'm using two new discs in order to be able to retain the originals as an extra safety measure.
Full disc backups are on external media.
What should I be prepared for and are there particular restore options I should set so that the dual boot still works?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Two 500GB discs in RAID 0 configuration containing partitions created in this order 'Windows XP', 'Data', 'Windows 7', 'More data'
Dual boot XP or 7
Target situation:
Two individual discs of 500GB each. Disc 1 'Windows XP', 'Windows 7'. Disc 2 'Data', 'More data'
Dual boot XP or 7
Extra info:
The Motherboard/drivers raid implementation is not reliable, heavy use like video editing often causes system stalls for a while and sometimes data corruption necessitating partition restores.
The OS is Windows 7 professional.
There is too much data to restore everything to one disc and move partitions later though 'Windows XP', 'data' and 'Windows 7' would fit.
I'm using two new discs in order to be able to retain the originals as an extra safety measure.
Full disc backups are on external media.
What should I be prepared for and are there particular restore options I should set so that the dual boot still works?
Thanks in advance for any help.