creating bootable partition on external HDD using BIBM
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:00 pm
Hi again,
Is it possible in BIBM to create a bootable partition on an external HDD that can boot a program/utility that comes on one of those boot CDs?
The reason I'm wondering is because I would like to house these boot CD utility programs on the external HDD, as opposed to having to haul a bunch of boot CDs around with me. Also, many new computers do not even come with CD/DVD drives anymore. The intent is to install BIBM on the external HDD and have separate partitions for each of these boot CD utility programs and then use BIBM to choose which one to boot.
I've tried creating ISO images of these boot CDs and then extracting the contents to the partition on the external HDD which I've marked as "active" using BIBM, but the external HDD partition does not boot into the utility/program, unlike when I insert the boot CD for the utility/program itself. Is there a way in BIBM or otherwise to write the boot code to the external HDD partition so it will boot like the CD does?
Thanks again,
Chris
Is it possible in BIBM to create a bootable partition on an external HDD that can boot a program/utility that comes on one of those boot CDs?
The reason I'm wondering is because I would like to house these boot CD utility programs on the external HDD, as opposed to having to haul a bunch of boot CDs around with me. Also, many new computers do not even come with CD/DVD drives anymore. The intent is to install BIBM on the external HDD and have separate partitions for each of these boot CD utility programs and then use BIBM to choose which one to boot.
I've tried creating ISO images of these boot CDs and then extracting the contents to the partition on the external HDD which I've marked as "active" using BIBM, but the external HDD partition does not boot into the utility/program, unlike when I insert the boot CD for the utility/program itself. Is there a way in BIBM or otherwise to write the boot code to the external HDD partition so it will boot like the CD does?
Thanks again,
Chris