IFL W7 UEFI - "VFS: Cannot open root device..."
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:41 pm
Greetings,
Sorry for such a newbie question...
I have successfully used my IFL boot disk (v2.82a) on Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 7 (64-bit). Now I am trying to use it on a Windows 7, 64-bit system which apparently uses UEFI. The computer is an HP Z220 workstation.
When I try to boot with my disk, I see:
Loading vmlinus...
Loading initrmfs.gz...
This hangs for a moment (on other o/s I see a series of dots printing), then prints a screen of text. The important part of which seems to be:
'VFS: Cannot open root device "(null)" on unknown-block (0,0): error -6
Please append a correct "root=" boot option, here are the available partitions:
Kernal panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0,0)'
Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Sorry for such a newbie question...
I have successfully used my IFL boot disk (v2.82a) on Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 7 (64-bit). Now I am trying to use it on a Windows 7, 64-bit system which apparently uses UEFI. The computer is an HP Z220 workstation.
When I try to boot with my disk, I see:
Loading vmlinus...
Loading initrmfs.gz...
This hangs for a moment (on other o/s I see a series of dots printing), then prints a screen of text. The important part of which seems to be:
'VFS: Cannot open root device "(null)" on unknown-block (0,0): error -6
Please append a correct "root=" boot option, here are the available partitions:
Kernal panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0,0)'
Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,