Using power options and wake up
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:18 pm
I wish to use power options to shut my machine down not because I want to, but when the screen goes blank after so many minutes, I want password protection to restart. This causes me grief in that I have IFW setup to run as a scheduled task each day at 3 am. My computer is asleep and I have checked the option to wake up the machine and supplied the password and user name. However, this seems to be simply ignored. Any answers?
Without hibernation, this all works really well. I get to the office and yesterday's files are neatly held on an external hard drive that I simply swap each day. This has saved a lot of time for me and the system works perfectly. I just can't protect my computer very well when I am away from it.
I attempted to set this up myself using task scheduler and the manual and it works without password protection. I then tried to let IFW set up the command line for me with the same result. I just need a way to wake up the computer and pass it my user name and password to let the backups fly.
I look forward to your response.
Without hibernation, this all works really well. I get to the office and yesterday's files are neatly held on an external hard drive that I simply swap each day. This has saved a lot of time for me and the system works perfectly. I just can't protect my computer very well when I am away from it.
I attempted to set this up myself using task scheduler and the manual and it works without password protection. I then tried to let IFW set up the command line for me with the same result. I just need a way to wake up the computer and pass it my user name and password to let the backups fly.
I look forward to your response.