duplicate windows 8 to new partition with BIBM
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:04 pm
If I copy an existing windows 8 partition from the 1st SSD to a 2nd SSD that has a GPT partition along with a data partition with BIBM and I keep both windows 8 OS's, 1 on each SSD, how do I choose which Windows 8 OS I am booting, at boot up?
I have a Lenovo Yoga 13 with 2 - 256 SSD's installed internally. I copied the original SSD with all it's partitions (7) to the 1st new 256 GB SSD and the 2nd 256 Gb SSD got a GPT partition and a data partition when it was initialized. The Yoga boots up fine from the 1st SSD and the 2nd SSD data partition is good. I would like to make the 2nd SSD data partition smaller with BIBM and the copy the Windows partition from the 1st SSD to the 2nd SSD. I now how to resize and copy partitions with BIBM, but then how do I select which Windows 8 partition I boot.
Thanks
Ron
I have a Lenovo Yoga 13 with 2 - 256 SSD's installed internally. I copied the original SSD with all it's partitions (7) to the 1st new 256 GB SSD and the 2nd 256 Gb SSD got a GPT partition and a data partition when it was initialized. The Yoga boots up fine from the 1st SSD and the 2nd SSD data partition is good. I would like to make the 2nd SSD data partition smaller with BIBM and the copy the Windows partition from the 1st SSD to the 2nd SSD. I now how to resize and copy partitions with BIBM, but then how do I select which Windows 8 partition I boot.
Thanks
Ron