restart computer, boot from CD, make image

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: restart computer, boot from CD, make image

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The zone errors sound like you downloaded the ZIP file and possibly didn't unblock it. I assume this is a different build setup than before since you weren't getting those errors before. If that doesn't work let me know exactly where you're getting the errors.

1. The partition is the "@0x1" part ("0x1" is the ID of the partition). You will need to find out the ID of the target partition and use it. The ID is shown in IFW (it's in the parentheses at or near the end of the line).

2. w0 = Windows drive 0; 0x1 = partition ID 0x1. So it would be the partition with ID 0x1 on Windows drive 0. Again, check the correct ID values are used. You can use the "Show Command" button in IFW if you're unsure what it should be.

If you're having problems with the command line parameters, I'd suggest booting into TBWinPE and opening the Command Prompt. You can run the command from a batch file or directly and play with it until you have it right.
TDC999

Post by TDC999 »

Hi Paul,

It runs now well if i write the Targetdrive with the letter K instead of an "Singature":

start "" "x:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew.exe" /b /d:w0@0x1 /f:"K:\TestIFW\Backup-w0-0x1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /rb:8

if i write the same code and just replace the letter k for the target drive:

.../f:#0xA1F950CD@0x1:"\TestIFW.....

Then i get an error message which maked pretty clear what goes wrong. IFW tries to copy the image to the partition which has now the letter J, but K would be right.

So could you explain me the Syntax of this part(this is the code you gave me), since the error must be here: "#0xA1F950CD@0x1"

when i click in IFW on Info for the drive it gives me: 0xA1F950CD
when i type in diskpart "uniqueid disk" i get: A1F950CD

so what i dont understand what does the ... in "#0xA1F950CD@0x1"stand for:

#:
0x:
@0x1:

In your last answer you wrote that for drive C in "w0@0x1" the "0x1" stands for the "partition id". Where can i find the right partition Id for my target drive - since IFW is not showing this under "info" for the drive?

Greetings!
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

TDC999 wrote:

> Where can i find
> the right partition Id for my target drive - since IFW is not showing this
> under "info" for the drive?

Open IFW,
Backup (Full), Select any partition and the Partition ID is in brackets at the end of the line.
TDC999

Post by TDC999 »

Paul and Brian thanks a lot.

This was not that easy as it looked for me (needed some fiddling around) - But it works and i'm happy :D

Only thing i still wonder what is the "#" good for that stands in front of the device Id...

Have a nice day
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The "#" indicates that you're specifying the disk signature for the drive identifier.
TDC999

Post by TDC999 »

That's what i thought - thanks...