Best tool to clone a system directly to a new drive?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm
IFW is great for creating an image backup on a server or on a backup drive.
As drive capacity outstrips transfer speed, it takes quite a while to move a hundreds of gigabytes, though.
The time is doubled if you image to a backup drive and then restore to the new drive.
I want to copy my notebook computer drive onto a SSD, preferably in one step.
Samsung offers a Data Migration Tool for that purpose, but I've never used it and I'm not sure it is trustworthy.
I have used Terabyte IFW and BING for years, and trust them (mostly).
However, I have never seen a process to directly clone a disk using IFW or BING. I know there is an old utility called CopyWipe, but it hasn't been updated in years, and I'm not sure if it would properly handle Windows 7 or 8.
Is there a recommended approach for direct cloning drive to drive using Terabyte tools?
As drive capacity outstrips transfer speed, it takes quite a while to move a hundreds of gigabytes, though.
The time is doubled if you image to a backup drive and then restore to the new drive.
I want to copy my notebook computer drive onto a SSD, preferably in one step.
Samsung offers a Data Migration Tool for that purpose, but I've never used it and I'm not sure it is trustworthy.
I have used Terabyte IFW and BING for years, and trust them (mostly).
However, I have never seen a process to directly clone a disk using IFW or BING. I know there is an old utility called CopyWipe, but it hasn't been updated in years, and I'm not sure if it would properly handle Windows 7 or 8.
Is there a recommended approach for direct cloning drive to drive using Terabyte tools?