It's listed right there in the 3rd and 4th choice below the first two which
are for vhd files.
You have to use an x32 OS as Virtual PC doesn't support x64.
Run chkdsk /f before doing the copy.
Don't try accessing the file after using VirtualBox with it. Create a new
one.
Third party software, such as partition magic, can cause those type autochk
not found, but could be also that it can't access the file system.
The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe
fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has
stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156669 on how to
troubleshoot that error.
If still problems, copy by hand with validation to ensure your copy isn't
corrupted on the device or by the cable. The version you'd be using doesn't
allow creating the files to the same partition being imaged as shown in the
video.
"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 15:14:10 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support" disturbed my reverie
and wrote:
>use the vmware file instead.
How do I create one? I can only create VHDs AFAICT.
I have installed Virtual PC 2007 SP1
I have produced a VHD from a working Win XP installation...and it
crashes on two PCs. On booting I get a message, after the animated bar
loading screen, which says something about not finding autochk and
then skipping autochk; then get a BSOD 'stop: c000021a {fatal System
Error}'. This happens on the two PCs I have used for testing.
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose to dance
in the puddles (Jewish proverb).