Share permissions for IFL backup/restore procedures
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:38 pm
When I run the IFL in CD environment, its data files in the backup created do not appear accessible in TBI View from within Windows unless I start TBI View with elevated privileges as admin. This occurs even though I backed up the data to a regular folder without special permissions placed on it. I suppose this is expected behavior, and lit leads me to asking a question about the IFL backup process itself. When IFL runs in the CD environment and I access a network share in order to make a backup onto an attached USB device, what process or service does IFL become in order to access the share?
I am asking this question because I would prefer to create a share accessible to the IFL program but not accessible in general to the Everyone group? So, what group or service does IFL become during the process so that I can limit the share accessibility to it exclusively, if possible? Thanks.
I am asking this question because I would prefer to create a share accessible to the IFL program but not accessible in general to the Everyone group? So, what group or service does IFL become during the process so that I can limit the share accessibility to it exclusively, if possible? Thanks.