Page 1 of 1

IFL GUI restore options menu

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:02 pm
by Brian49
Just a couple of small points about the restore options menu in the GUI version of IFL, please.

First, when moving to the options page, the menu of options doesn't automatically have focus, so it's necessary to click on it with the mouse before selecting options with the keyboard. By contrast, the corresponding menu of backup options does automatically have focus.

Second, the two options to "Validate" and "Validate byte for byte" aren't contiguous on the menu; they are separated by another, apparently unrelated item. By contrast, on the corresponding menu of backup options those two items are contiguous.

Of course these are only small glitches, but presumably they would be easy to fix, if you would be so kind. They have been present since the GUI version was first released. I run IFL only from a bootable CD or pendrive, in case that is relevant.

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Re: IFL GUI restore options menu

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 pm
by TeraByte Support
The validation occurs prior to backup, the byte-for-byte after, and the
order is putting the more popular items first...

"Brian49" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Just a couple of small points about the restore options menu in the GUI
version of IFL, please.

First, when moving to the options page, the menu of options doesn't
automatically have focus, so it's necessary to click on it with the mouse
before selecting options with the keyboard. By contrast, the corresponding
menu of backup options does automatically have focus.

Second, the two options to "Validate" and "Validate byte for byte" aren't
contiguous on the menu; they are separated by another, apparently unrelated
item. By contrast, on the corresponding menu of backup options those two
items are contiguous.

Of course these are only small glitches, but presumably they would be easy
to fix, if you would be so kind. They have been present since the GUI
version was first released. I run IFL only from a bootable CD or pendrive,
in case that is relevant.

Many thanks for your kind attention.


Re: IFL GUI restore options menu

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:19 am
by Brian49
Thanks for responding. However, you don't appear to have addressed my first point, about focus. In fact you have only half answered my second point, as I was referring to the restore options menu, but never mind.

Re: IFL GUI restore options menu

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 pm
by TeraByte Support
Of course should have been "restore" not backup since you can't validate a
backup before a backup.



"Brian49" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Thanks for responding. However, you don't appear to have addressed my first
point, about focus. In fact you have only half answered my second point, as
I was referring to the restore options menu, but never mind.


Re: IFL GUI restore options menu

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:01 pm
by Brian K
> First, when moving to the options page, the menu of options doesn't
> automatically have focus,

Brian49,

My IFL has focus on that screen. Can you try a different mouse? I have one mouse that "gives up" halfway through IFL and I have to use the keyboard. Another mouse works fine.

Re: IFL GUI restore options menu

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 pm
by Brian49
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think it has anything to do with my mouse. I like to navigate using the keyboard, but I can't use it on that menu until I have first clicked on it with the mouse. With the corresponding menu of backup options, I can start using the keyboard straight away.

Re: IFL GUI restore options menu

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:54 pm
by TeraByte Support
Just press the down arrow and it goes to the options.

"Brian49" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think it has anything to do with my
mouse. I like to navigate using the keyboard, but I can't use it on that
menu until I have first clicked on it with the mouse. With the corresponding
menu of backup options, I can start using the keyboard straight away.