Page 1 of 1

How is base full backup file found

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:00 am
by Bob Coleman
Using IFD and experimenting, I created a full backup, then a changes only backup, then renamed both TBI files. I then started a restore specifying to restore from the changes only file. I wanted to see how it would fail, but it worked!

I wasn't surprised that renaming the changes only file didn't create a problem, but I didn't expect the base file to be found. How is that file found? Is the content of any/all available TBI files examined for some identifying data without regard to the name(s) of the TBI file(s)?

Re: How is base full backup file found

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:35 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It searches first for the original file and then will search other TBI files in the folder for a match. Otherwise, you'd need to specify the search locations (or browse when prompted).

Re: How is base full backup file found

Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:16 am
by Bob Coleman
Interestingly, it seems to find and use the base file without regard to the filename and if the extension begins with "tbi". "tbix", "tbitest", whatever is found.