Unable to restore from R/O UFD with IFL/TBIREST
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:35 pm
Hi,
We need to create a recovery solution on USB flash drives that will be Read-Only. For some reason when making a fully-functional USB Flash drive Read-Only tbirest does not see the source device as a linux drive. The automated restore fails with: Program exiting with error code 17
The default command-line is: tbirest -r --d:l0 --f l1:@0x01:* --x --rb:1
Running the above command from the shell indicates that the source path is invalid.
Runing tbirest interactively with the File (Direct) option using the drive interface Linux and the R/O device (such as Kanguru SS3 (sdb)) returns error "There was a problem accessing the hard drive". This does not fail when unprotecting the device.
I can mount the device manually and run the tbirest command in batch-mode using the new mount point, but do not want to modify the existing startup unless required.
I have confirmed that the above fails with IFL 2.60 and 2.66.
Is there something that I am missing or will I have to modify the initialization startup scripts (such as /etc/rc.sysinit)?
Thank you,
Josiah Standing
We need to create a recovery solution on USB flash drives that will be Read-Only. For some reason when making a fully-functional USB Flash drive Read-Only tbirest does not see the source device as a linux drive. The automated restore fails with: Program exiting with error code 17
The default command-line is: tbirest -r --d:l0 --f l1:@0x01:* --x --rb:1
Running the above command from the shell indicates that the source path is invalid.
Runing tbirest interactively with the File (Direct) option using the drive interface Linux and the R/O device (such as Kanguru SS3 (sdb)) returns error "There was a problem accessing the hard drive". This does not fail when unprotecting the device.
I can mount the device manually and run the tbirest command in batch-mode using the new mount point, but do not want to modify the existing startup unless required.
I have confirmed that the above fails with IFL 2.60 and 2.66.
Is there something that I am missing or will I have to modify the initialization startup scripts (such as /etc/rc.sysinit)?
Thank you,
Josiah Standing