No, that's windows only, you'd want to use TBScript to have full control
over everything - you can setup your own file names or just search for the
oldest *.tbi file and use it. Wouldn't have to be too fancy, just find the
oldest/newest file and set the name to a variable that you use on the
command line for /base
"monkeyteeth" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
1. Ok, I get the gist. Thank you for the reference to the Windows manual.
But, does it work on IFD done in a script tied to a boot item under BootIT
Bare Metal?
The manual says the /savename puts the end result file name in the registry.
Is there some "registry" in IFD within BootIT Bare Metal install? I assume
its stored in the EMBR 8mb section somewhere? I'm thinking the .ini file?
2. Beside the question above, Can you critique this workflow please. My plan
was to start (but cancel out in end) a manual incremental backup pointing to
the previous full backup. Then click on "show me the command line" and save
and manipulate that.
Somewhere in that command line it'll have to have something like this: (I'm
just making up the /f here for example purposes):
".....'/f:WinServer2003-2013-05-25'....."
So, next, the parts between the single quotes I'm expecting to change to
something.
Example, using the /savename from the manual
1. First do a manual full backup...
..../f:WinServer2003 /savename:snoopy... <--- this puts "WinServer2003"
in registry variable named snoopy
2. Next, do an incremental backup from script...
..../f:$~snoopy$ /incrementaloption /savename:snoopy
So this calls up the old saved file name in the registry via snoopy
variable, and re-writes the snoopy registry at the end of a successful
backup. The real filename probably has some incremental number appended to
it automatically so not overwrite existing file, but that trick here is the
append itself is not referenced in the script, and the variable is
RE-WRITTEN everytime.
Is that right?
3. I've been thinking to switch to IFL as it appears to have more friends
here are the forum. But can IFL run from EMBR partition? I have to
compliment the combination of BootIT and IFD is a potent duo in one install,
and update package.
Thank you.