Page 1 of 1

IFW 2.81 to Restore larger Partition

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:23 pm
by krum09
If the target partition is 50g; and now you want to restore that backup into the enlarged partition, Free space 100g is available on the end of the partition, isn't there a way to tell IFW to automatically restore into a 75g larger partition?
I have tried to setting the restore to be larger so it will expand the partition IFW 2.81;
Restore worked;
Diskpart list disk;
shown that it didn't expand or make the partition larger;
I had to boot in BootIT and expand or re size the partition to larger then restore the image. Is that the way you have to restore to a larger partition ?


Chris

Re: IFW 2.81 to Restore larger Partition

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:27 pm
by TeraByte Support
you enter the new size in the "new size" box.

"krum09" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

If the target partition is 50g; and now you want to restore that backup into
the enlarged partition, Free space is available on the end of the partition,
isn't there a way to tell IFW to automatically restore into a larger
partition?
I have tried to setting the restore to be larger so it will expand the
partition IFW 2.81;
Restore worked;
Diskpart list disk;
shown that it didn't expand or make the partition larger;
I had to boot in BootIT and expand or re size the partition to larger then
restore the image. Is that the way you have to restore to a larger partition
?


Chris


Re: IFW 2.81 to Restore larger Partition

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:32 pm
by krum09
Yes I entered the new size of 75 gig, I had space at the end of the partition;
IT restored; just fine; but according to diskpart is shown me that it would not expand or make that partition bigger; even though I had space after the partition I was restoring ?
Thats why I had to boot to bootit and expand that partition after the restore; IFW shown me it worked but diskpart said nope;

Using IFW 2.81 WINPE 4.0
Disk Layout
Partition 0 Primary BootIT 150meg
Partition 1 Primary Win 7 50g
Partition 2 Primary Win 7 50g (Try to restore and Expand this partition to be bigger with Restore)
Free Space 100 gig


Chris


TeraByte Support wrote:
> you enter the new size in the "new size" box.
>
> "krum09" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> If the target partition is 50g; and now you want to restore that backup
> into
> the enlarged partition, Free space is available on the end of the
> partition,
> isn't there a way to tell IFW to automatically restore into a larger
> partition?
> I have tried to setting the restore to be larger so it will expand the
> partition IFW 2.81;
> Restore worked;
> Diskpart list disk;
> shown that it didn't expand or make the partition larger;
> I had to boot in BootIT and expand or re size the partition to larger then
>
> restore the image. Is that the way you have to restore to a larger
> partition
> ?
>
>
> Chris

Re: IFW 2.81 to Restore larger Partition

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 pm
by TeraByte Support
check the ifw.log

"krum09" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Yes I entered the new size of 75 gig, I had space at the end of the
partition;
IT restored; just fine; but according to diskpart is shown me that it would
not expand or make that partition bigger; even though I had space after the
partition I was restoring ?
Thats why I had to boot to bootit and expand that partition after the
restore; IFW shown me it worked but diskpart said nope;

Using IFW 2.81 WINPE 4.0
Disk Layout
Partition 0 Primary BootIT 150meg
Partition 1 Primary Win 7 50g
Partition 2 Primary Win 7 50g (Try to restore and Expand this partition to
be bigger with Restore)
Free Space 100 gig


Chris


TeraByte Support wrote:
> you enter the new size in the "new size" box.
>
> "krum09" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> If the target partition is 50g; and now you want to restore that backup
> into
> the enlarged partition, Free space is available on the end of the
> partition,
> isn't there a way to tell IFW to automatically restore into a larger
> partition?
> I have tried to setting the restore to be larger so it will expand the
> partition IFW 2.81;
> Restore worked;
> Diskpart list disk;
> shown that it didn't expand or make the partition larger;
> I had to boot in BootIT and expand or re size the partition to larger then
>
> restore the image. Is that the way you have to restore to a larger
> partition
> ?
>
>
> Chris


Re: IFW 2.81 to Restore larger Partition

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:02 am
by krum09
It was a Da## user error if I click back to verify that I have the correct disk; it reverts my settings size to default;
my mistake all is good;
those dang users;
:lol:

Chris