Page 1 of 1

Hard Drive Error with IFW 2.74

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:17 pm
by TonyMarston
The hard drive on my laptop, which is running Windows 7, has been portioned into a C, E, F and G drive. When I run IFW to take an image of my C drive onto my G drive I get the following error at start up:

A hard drive error occurred while reading 127 sectors from LBA 4204411. Ignore all errors and continue?

I hit continue and everything works OK.

What is casing this? What can I do to make the error go away? I have tried reformatting my G drive, but it makes no difference.

Re: Hard Drive Error with IFW 2.74

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm
by TeraByte Support
most likely a bad sector on the hard. you can run the drive manufactures
scan utility which may relocate bad sectors or something like spinrite, but
it doesn't go away because relocation table is full, get a new drive, you'll
be glad you did.

"TonyMarston" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

The hard drive on my laptop, which is running Windows 7, has been portioned
into a C, E, F and G drive. When I run IFW to take an image of my C drive
onto my G drive I get the following error at start up:

A hard drive error occurred while reading 127 sectors from LBA 4204411.
Ignore all errors and continue?

I hit continue and everything works OK.

What is casing this? What can I do to make the error go away? I have tried
reformatting my G drive, but it makes no difference.