Install Windows 7 to volume in extended partition?
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:35 pm
Hi,
Can Windows 7 be installed to a volume in an extended partition through BootIt Bare Metal?
I currently have XP on a primary partition, Win7 on a primary partition, BootIt Bare Metal on a primary partition, and an extended partition with some volumes and plenty of free space.
I vaguely seem to recall that Windows 7 may have to be on a primary partition. I don't see anything definitive in the FAQ, etc. There is the how-to video that shows installing Windows 7 to its own primary partition.
Thanks for any answer.
--
Mark Miesfeld
Can Windows 7 be installed to a volume in an extended partition through BootIt Bare Metal?
I currently have XP on a primary partition, Win7 on a primary partition, BootIt Bare Metal on a primary partition, and an extended partition with some volumes and plenty of free space.
I vaguely seem to recall that Windows 7 may have to be on a primary partition. I don't see anything definitive in the FAQ, etc. There is the how-to video that shows installing Windows 7 to its own primary partition.
Thanks for any answer.
--
Mark Miesfeld