Page 1 of 1

After Restore; Windows 'invalid signature'

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 pm
by ronk
After a successful IFL 2.78 Restore (no errors) of an older version IFL Full Drive backup (from July 2010) to a cleared drive, upon first attempt of booting Windows XP SP3, received continuous errors 'invalid signature'. The restore was to the same drive from which the store was done and on which all partitions were deleted beforehand. I subsequently was forced to use windows recovery disks to rebuild the OS to factory settings, and then successfully restored a more recent C partition. All was rebuilt successfully.

The question is, could I have recovered from the signature errors? I've never had an issue whatsoever rebooting after a successful restore with Terabyte products :cry:

Ron

Re: After Restore; Windows 'invalid signature'

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 pm
by TeraByte Support
That an IBM/Lenovo system?

See http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=553


"ronk" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

After a successful IFL 2.78 Restore (no errors) of an older version IFL Full
Drive backup (from July 2010) to a cleared drive, upon first attempt of
booting Windows XP SP3, received continuous errors 'invalid signature'. The
restore was to the same drive from which the store was done and on which all
partitions were deleted beforehand. I subsequently was forced to use
windows recovery disks to rebuild the OS to factory settings, and then
successfully restored a more recent C partition. All was rebuilt
successfully.

The question is, could I have recovered from the signature errors? I've
never had an issue whatsoever rebooting after a successful restore with
Terabyte products

![:cry:]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cry.gif)

Ron


Re: After Restore; Windows 'invalid signature'

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 pm
by ronk
Yes, it indeed is a Lenovo T510. Looks like the non-standard MBR is the issue here. However, the article you referenced notes that a full restore to the same drive should work. I believe that's what I was doing, the only thing being I deleted all partitions before starting the restore. However, will in future select the standard MBR upon restore.

Hopefully this will work in the future.

Thank you!

Ron

TeraByte Support wrote:
> That an IBM/Lenovo system?
>
> See http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=553
>
>
> "ronk" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> After a successful IFL 2.78 Restore (no errors) of an older version IFL
> Full
> Drive backup (from July 2010) to a cleared drive, upon first attempt of
> booting Windows XP SP3, received continuous errors 'invalid signature'.
> The
> restore was to the same drive from which the store was done and on which
> all
> partitions were deleted beforehand. I subsequently was forced to use
> windows recovery disks to rebuild the OS to factory settings, and then
> successfully restored a more recent C partition. All was rebuilt
> successfully.
>
> The question is, could I have recovered from the signature errors? I've
> never had an issue whatsoever rebooting after a successful restore with
> Terabyte products
>
> ![:cry:]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cry.gif)
>
> Ron