Page 1 of 1

License for support use

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:29 pm
by RobertSF
I have an older IFW 2.3.0 that I purchased as a personal license. I have recently done some freelance computer consulting for people who work from home. They can backup their data files using Windows tools, but I want to perform full system images every so often to avoid the hassle of having to reinstall Windows and all the applications should their systems fail.

My question is, what licensing should I purchase? Do I get a commercial license for one computer at $38.94 currently, and then purchase $10 image deployment licenses for each of my clients' computers?

I would hope to install IFW on each client computer, at least temporarily to do the backup within Windows because I can then write the backup directly to DVD. I can't do that if I boot up and run Image for Dos, can I? I wouldn't mind uninstalling IFW after the backup was done, though frankly, my clients would never run the backup themselves. It's hard enough to impress upon them how important it is to do it at all. :lol:

Re: License for support use

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:04 am
by TeraByte Support
See:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=564


"RobertSF" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I have an older IFW 2.3.0 that I purchased as a personal license. I have
recently done some freelance computer consulting for people who work from
home. They can backup their data files using Windows tools, but I want to
perform full system images every so often to avoid the hassle of having to
reinstall Windows and all the applications should their systems fail.

My question is, what licensing should I purchase? Do I get a commercial
license for one computer at $38.94 currently, and then purchase $10 image
deployment licenses for each of my clients' computers?

I would hope to install IFW on each client computer, at least temporarily to
do the backup within Windows because I can then write the backup directly to
DVD. I can't do that if I boot up and run Image for Dos, can I? I wouldn't
mind uninstalling IFW after the backup was done, though frankly, my clients
would never run the backup themselves. It's hard enough to impress upon them
how important it is to do it at all.

![:lol:]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif)



Re: License for support use

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:22 am
by Bob Coleman
I know nothing about licensing issues, but, yes, you can, or at least should be able to backup to DVD using IFD.

Re: License for support use

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:14 pm
by RobertSF
TeraByte Support wrote:
> See:
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=564

Thanks. I wish the policy were more generous, but I guess it is what it is.