Saved Linux Partitions are Undecipherable
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 pm
Well David, I have owned and worked with IFL 2012 on my seven OS hard drive now for over a year and am disappointed in the purchase. All the imaged NTFS partitions are labelled with their correct names -- Win 7-64, NTFS VAULT, etc., -- but the six imaged Linux partitions have labels that are absolutely undecipherable. For example, I think Ubuntu 12 LTS labels out as: 5 - A y h - ? and believe that: l . t R ) r 4, means Mint 13-64, and hope Fedora 17's label is the one that reads as: g_ 0pU s - k. So as you can well undertand, these identifiers are not in the least helpful as I do not even now for sure which Linux OS is represened by which rubbish label, and am not about to cross-my-fingers and hope that by counting partitions I have chosen the correct one to restore as there is one marked as sda4 - which cannot exist on a SATA hardrive with three primaries as that is the Extended Partition Boundary. I have since tried a trial download of your latest version of IFL but recieved the same results. There is obviously a big bad bug in IFL in the Linux end of things, and unless you have a fix for it, I don't think you should be selling IFL as it is no insurance for anything but NTFS images and IFW already does that. What can you suggest to fix this? All the Linux partitions are ext4 and the OS' include Windows 7, Debian, Fedora 17, Ubuntu 12.04, Slackware and Arch. The USB drives I have tried savingimages on are 1 TB Toshibas in both USB 2 and 3 so it does not matter which hardware I use either.
Sincerely,
Mars Bonfire

Sincerely,
Mars Bonfire