Page 8 of 19
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:40 pm
by Brian K
Can you do a BCD Edit?
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... bootit-bm/
For BIU, select the ESP, BCD Edit, select the Microsoft.xxx for the 860, OK.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:56 pm
by Friendly
I'm reviewing the instructions to see if I'm competent

enough to move forward; if not, we'll just leave it.
What are you suspecting?
As much as I would love to use BootIt menu, this should be a bit easier and I'm not complete Nub, but now I feel like one

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:02 pm
by Brian K
Try Microsoft.001. Does it have a BCD store?
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:05 pm
by Brian K
Did you initially select the ESP or the Win11 partition?
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:09 pm
by Brian K
If I select the Win11 partition (wrong selection) I get No BCD Store.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:17 pm
by Brian K
Can you check if Fast Start is disabled on the 8100 and 860?
In Part Work select the Win11 partition, Properties.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:29 pm
by Friendly
Yes, both are disabled. I always turn off fast startup in Windows. As for BCD, I can’t edit it. It wasn’t a waste of time, you’ve been a tremendous help, but this really shouldn’t take that long, so I’ll just stick with BIOS switching
Thanks, Brian. It was great learning a few things. Maybe I’ll try again down the road, but for now I’m a bit tired, and I’m sure you are too.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:32 pm
by Brian K
One last question. When you select the ESP and click BCD Edit, do you see 2 Microsoft.xxx?
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:37 pm
by Friendly
No, it’s not showing.
Do you think maybe the resizing is the issue?
Why would it boot, but then after another boot windows crying to fix the problem and stops right there.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:40 pm
by Brian K
Are we on the same page? The ESP is the EFI System partition, It should be a few hundred MiB in size. That's where the BCD Store is located.