Re: Creating Multi-Boot 64-Bit Win7, Win8, LinuxMint on SSD+
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:18 am
If you can just download and not install, it might be worth getting an
ISO ready to install when I choose.
I have read that you can do a clean install AFTER doing an upgrade.
Maybe just having an image created immediately before an upgrade would
make that feasible. Then if you don't like Win 10, returning to the old
OS would be pretty fast.
Acer replaced my MB and had UEFI working along with a new factory Win 7.
I had to get rid of it in order to do a restore of the image I wanted to
restore.
Mary
On 8/9/2015 6:42 PM, Bob Coleman wrote:
> I have a five year old computer running Windows 7. No UEFI or secure boot. I haven't gotten Windows 10 and don't plan to for a while, but the Get Windows 10 (Windows 10 tray icon) has been inviting me to get it and telling me that the computer is compatible.
>
> sigi wrote:
>> I thought they might refuse to provide the free upgrade on a MBR disk
>> because they tied Win10 so closely to UEFI and Secure Boot, at least on new
>> computers. Should that be different for existing computers?
>
>
ISO ready to install when I choose.
I have read that you can do a clean install AFTER doing an upgrade.
Maybe just having an image created immediately before an upgrade would
make that feasible. Then if you don't like Win 10, returning to the old
OS would be pretty fast.
Acer replaced my MB and had UEFI working along with a new factory Win 7.
I had to get rid of it in order to do a restore of the image I wanted to
restore.
Mary
On 8/9/2015 6:42 PM, Bob Coleman wrote:
> I have a five year old computer running Windows 7. No UEFI or secure boot. I haven't gotten Windows 10 and don't plan to for a while, but the Get Windows 10 (Windows 10 tray icon) has been inviting me to get it and telling me that the computer is compatible.
>
> sigi wrote:
>> I thought they might refuse to provide the free upgrade on a MBR disk
>> because they tied Win10 so closely to UEFI and Secure Boot, at least on new
>> computers. Should that be different for existing computers?
>
>