Brian K wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 3:39 pm
Thanks Paul.
The cause of your issue installing Ubuntu remains a mystery to me.
So thought I would try installing Ubuntu again, but ran into the same problem so I aborted and will leave it for now.
The install I tried was :
Created a 105 GB partition on the drive with Partition Work, for Ubuntu 24 and left the remaining 145.20 GB as free space.
Then added the Ubuntu 24 item to BIBM, clicked on boot and it told me to install the UFD if I am installing a new OS and rebooted.
Booted the Ubuntu install UFD
Chose the Manual installation.
Next screen showed me SDA- SDA1 105GB- Free Space 145.20GB
Clicked on Change to choose the SDA1 partition. Chose Ext4 for the file system, then chose / as the mount point and to format.
Then I chose SDA as the install location ( there are only 2 options, the SDA HD1 or HD0 )
Next screen showed:
SDA1 Ext4 Mount point / 105GB size and a checkmark on SDA1, BUT it also shows SDA2 on the same screen with Fat32 beside the file system, next to it- /boot/EFI 113GB and a checkmark next to Format. Where the heck is the second item coming from ?
At this point I exited as something is definitely wrong .
Hope the explanation is clear to you.
So I give up until I discover a resolution. Kind of weird as I don't have this issue installing Mint.
I may try installing Ubuntu Studio ( I do have a recording Studio ) and see what happens with it, but I suspect the same issue will happen.