Re: 2 Win7 partitions no longer bootable after Upgrade of on
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:29 am
as mentioned, you'll put the sector back, undelete, then try to get what you
can out of it. It's doubtful you'd be able to boot from it without
reinstalling the boot code. But if you're looking to get data back, use
another instance of Windows or Linux or TBOSDT, etc.. to see what files you
can get.
"sigi" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Editorial note:
I deleted my previous post at this place.
Here is what I did recently (please refer to the picture
[
download/file.php?id=379
](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/download/file.php?id=379)
attached to an earlier post):
deleted 2 ubuntu partitions without checkmarks
deleted 2 Extended partitions without checkmarks
deleted 100 MiB partition with "Clear Boot Sector" selected
copied the saved backup boot sector to the original boot sector location
applied Undelete to the Free Space so created at the start of HD-0
The Win7 partition showed up in no time with the Close Button highlighted.
I then created a boot item for the undeleted Win7 partition and tried to
boot it. I got the message;
"A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"
I put the undeleted Win7 in the LxMint boot item and booted LxMint.
The Attachments show what GParted makes of this partition and in contrast
thereto what it makes of the Win7_10 called Win7_Koy, the offender. This
comparison shows that my LxMint has no difficulties dealing with NTFS.
What shall I do now?
can out of it. It's doubtful you'd be able to boot from it without
reinstalling the boot code. But if you're looking to get data back, use
another instance of Windows or Linux or TBOSDT, etc.. to see what files you
can get.
"sigi" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Editorial note:
I deleted my previous post at this place.
Here is what I did recently (please refer to the picture
[
download/file.php?id=379
](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/download/file.php?id=379)
attached to an earlier post):
deleted 2 ubuntu partitions without checkmarks
deleted 2 Extended partitions without checkmarks
deleted 100 MiB partition with "Clear Boot Sector" selected
copied the saved backup boot sector to the original boot sector location
applied Undelete to the Free Space so created at the start of HD-0
The Win7 partition showed up in no time with the Close Button highlighted.
I then created a boot item for the undeleted Win7 partition and tried to
boot it. I got the message;
"A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"
I put the undeleted Win7 in the LxMint boot item and booted LxMint.
The Attachments show what GParted makes of this partition and in contrast
thereto what it makes of the Win7_10 called Win7_Koy, the offender. This
comparison shows that my LxMint has no difficulties dealing with NTFS.
What shall I do now?