Page 3 of 3

Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 12:47 pm
by deler123-+
Brian K

I understand everything you mentioned.
The system is working very well.
Thank you very much for dedicating so much time to helping me

I have two additional questions:
(1) Would it be advisable to enable the "Remove MS GPT Gaps" option in the Boot Edit settings?
(2) I would like to set a password for the BootIt UEFI boot screen to prevent others from altering the settings.
However, I cannot seem to find the password option.
Where is it located?

Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:48 pm
by Brian K
deler123,

Nice work. Managing those Hidden partitions becomes tricky when you have lots of OS.
How many Win10 OS do you have?
1) Would it be advisable to enable the "Remove MS GPT Gaps" option in the Boot Edit settings?
I've left my boxes blank.
(2) I would like to set a password for the BootIt UEFI boot screen to prevent others from altering the settings.
See page 60 in the BIU manual.

Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 10:53 pm
by Brian K
Use the Settings, Maintenance pw.

Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:51 pm
by deler123-+
Brian K
Thank you.
I am currently using nine Windows 10 OS instances,
each with a different name and partition size.

My next plan is to learn how to use
Drive Image Suite—which is bundled with the BootIt® Collection—
and try performing backups and restores.