Backing Up Entire PC

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by OldNavyGuy »

I would suggest using the drive GUIDs in place of numbers.

Using DiskPart (for disk/partition GUIDs):

Open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
Type diskpart and press Enter.
Type list disk to see your physical disks.
Type select disk # (replace # with the disk number, e.g., select disk 0).
Type uniqueid disk to get the disk's GUID, or detail disk for more info, including partition GUIDs.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by Brian K »

Even easier, in IFW Settings...

Output DiskID to Command Line.
richk
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2025 3:59 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by richk »

All drive numbers are correct. Bottom Line: I ran the script and it backed up the first disk, then the operation failed--in other words, only the first disk was backed up, indicating a problem with the script. All that I am asking is for a way to automate backing up my three hard drives. I know that your app works, as I manually backed up all three yesterday. So can you or anyone else take my script and correct it so that I can use a batch file to automate backing up all three of my hard drives? Everyone's suggestions here are based upon their programming knowledge, of which I have little to none. As soon as I have a correct script, run it, and verify that it works I will be ready to purchase the app. I really do not understand most of your suggestions, as they all revolve around programming language. So I am respectfully asking for help here, as I have neither been trained in scripting nor would I know how to do it correctly despite the fact that many of you are trying to help me. Thanks to all...
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by Brian K »

richk, can you try this? Create 3 scripts from what you already have. It's suggested you use "Output DiskID to Command Line" before recreating the lines.

1.cmd would be...

Code: Select all

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /uy /d:w9 /f:"S:\Backup-w9-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs


Note, /uy has been added after /b

Create 2.cmd and 3.cmd in a similar fashion.

Create another script called all.cmd. all.cmd is...

Code: Select all

CD /d %~dp0
call "1.cmd"
CD /d %~dp0
call "2.cmd"
CD /d %~dp0
call "3.cmd"
Copy/paste the above to avoid typos.

Have the 4 scripts in the same folder.

Right click all.cmd and Run as administrator.
Good luck.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by TeraByte Support »

it would probably help others to indicate what "then the operation failed" actually means and what message showed up.
richk
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2025 3:59 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by richk »

Brian K., thank you so much for guiding me through the creation of these scripts--it worked perfectly!! May I ask if there now is a way to add a command to shut down my PC after the validation of the third disk image? If so, this would give me the complete automation control I desire, as is capable withing the other backup software packages I have used in the past, as a user-friendly option. Thanks, again!
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by TeraByte Support »

/rb:8
richk
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2025 3:59 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by richk »

May I ask where /rb:8 is to be placed? Not being a programmer, I don't know how to handle this response. So PLEASE, based upon Brian K.'s extensive response yesterday, exactly where do I place this command? Thank you very much!
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by OldNavyGuy »

richk wrote: Tue Dec 16, 2025 5:00 pm May I ask where /rb:8 is to be placed? Not being a programmer, I don't know how to handle this response. So PLEASE, based upon Brian K.'s extensive response yesterday, exactly where do I place this command? Thank you very much!
At the end of the third command line...

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w9 /f:"S:\Backup-w9-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs /rb:8
richk
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2025 3:59 am

Re: Backing Up Entire PC

Post by richk »

TY!!
Post Reply