Re: Uninstalling Bootitbm
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:35 am
I am now thinking I am stuck with BIBM forever. I would really appreciate clear steps on how to get rid of it and maintain booting directly from the win8.1 partition. If I can get that to boot I don't care about the win 7 partition because it has no usb 3.0 support except for BIBM enabling the mouse on that port. But I cannot fly with win 8.1 if BIBM has done something to corrupt the windows boot process such that 8.1 cannot be booted without BIBM installed. I have no use for BIBM except for partition management and even then I have another program for that.
When I follow the TB and Bob's additional instructions to uninstall the program(set partitions for win7 standard), and I try to boot, I get:
"the partition does not contain an OS. Insert the installation diskette into Drive A. press any key to run the bios bootstrap loader" So I guess BIBM took away windows ability to boot on it's own without BIBM installed.
Pressing any key just gets u the same message over and over-no explaination.
With bibm installed, and using direct boot menu I have two operational OS's 7 and 8.1 but I must go through the additional boot menu from windows to select either one.
Apparently BIBM will not let me uninstall and be able to still boot directly from the 8.1 windows boot menu, I am stuck with a wasted primary partition embr that I don't need or want. If this is not an unclean uninstall using the procedures you gave, I don't know what is?
It was necessary to reinstall BIBM to get both OS's to boot in two steps:first the BIBM direct boot menu and then the windows boot menu appears and I choose either win7 or win8.1)
Again EMBR must be present for usb 3.0 port to use the logitech mouse. But I have 8.1 working now so no problem sacrificing win7 since no usb 3.0 support. I just want 8.1 to boot without BOOITBM.
If I delete the win7 partition will the win8.1 partition still boot? OR has BIBM disabled that as well?
To reply to Bob. The way TB explains it is that windows changes the OS each time it comes out of hibernation resulting in data corruption. Warnings all over the place to disable fast start up (hibernation). Hibernation is required for the long life of a laptop. It's not something u can just get rid of without consequences.
When I follow the TB and Bob's additional instructions to uninstall the program(set partitions for win7 standard), and I try to boot, I get:
"the partition does not contain an OS. Insert the installation diskette into Drive A. press any key to run the bios bootstrap loader" So I guess BIBM took away windows ability to boot on it's own without BIBM installed.
Pressing any key just gets u the same message over and over-no explaination.
With bibm installed, and using direct boot menu I have two operational OS's 7 and 8.1 but I must go through the additional boot menu from windows to select either one.
Apparently BIBM will not let me uninstall and be able to still boot directly from the 8.1 windows boot menu, I am stuck with a wasted primary partition embr that I don't need or want. If this is not an unclean uninstall using the procedures you gave, I don't know what is?
It was necessary to reinstall BIBM to get both OS's to boot in two steps:first the BIBM direct boot menu and then the windows boot menu appears and I choose either win7 or win8.1)
Again EMBR must be present for usb 3.0 port to use the logitech mouse. But I have 8.1 working now so no problem sacrificing win7 since no usb 3.0 support. I just want 8.1 to boot without BOOITBM.
If I delete the win7 partition will the win8.1 partition still boot? OR has BIBM disabled that as well?
To reply to Bob. The way TB explains it is that windows changes the OS each time it comes out of hibernation resulting in data corruption. Warnings all over the place to disable fast start up (hibernation). Hibernation is required for the long life of a laptop. It's not something u can just get rid of without consequences.