Re: Can't boot OS
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:51 pm
So I thought I'd try again to set up unlimited primaries, same result
The Nvme drive (500GB) is set up as follows:
Win10= 126GB,
Free Space= 136GB
Ubuntu 18.04 = 105 GB
Mint 19.3 = 105 GB
Free Space = 28GB ( reserved for over-provisioning )
BIBM = 6.3 MB
I want to set Unlimited Primaries as I currently have 4 Partitions.
I first resize the Ubuntu Partition to 70GB using Gparted as per TeraByte knowledge base article, then move the Partition to the end of free space so it's adjacent to the Mint Partition.
That leaves me with 171 GB of free space between Win 10 and Ubuntu.
I want to split that free space into 2 partitions so I change to Unlimited Primaries, and create the 2 partitions.
So now I have 6 Partitions which is what I want so I can put Ubuntu 20 and Mint 20 on those 2 partitions.
Everything seems fine for a couple of days until suddenly I can't boot into the original Ubuntu 18.5 partition again, just get the white flashing cursor on top left of screen.
Seems like the only way to get it back is to redo the whole setup again back to Limited Primaries.
Anybody have any idea what is going on ?
The Nvme drive (500GB) is set up as follows:
Win10= 126GB,
Free Space= 136GB
Ubuntu 18.04 = 105 GB
Mint 19.3 = 105 GB
Free Space = 28GB ( reserved for over-provisioning )
BIBM = 6.3 MB
I want to set Unlimited Primaries as I currently have 4 Partitions.
I first resize the Ubuntu Partition to 70GB using Gparted as per TeraByte knowledge base article, then move the Partition to the end of free space so it's adjacent to the Mint Partition.
That leaves me with 171 GB of free space between Win 10 and Ubuntu.
I want to split that free space into 2 partitions so I change to Unlimited Primaries, and create the 2 partitions.
So now I have 6 Partitions which is what I want so I can put Ubuntu 20 and Mint 20 on those 2 partitions.
Everything seems fine for a couple of days until suddenly I can't boot into the original Ubuntu 18.5 partition again, just get the white flashing cursor on top left of screen.
Seems like the only way to get it back is to redo the whole setup again back to Limited Primaries.
Anybody have any idea what is going on ?