Page 3 of 3

Re: IfL registration issue

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:41 am
by DrTeeth
I forgot to add, that when the x64 bit version boots okay, my keyboard
works okay.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Re: IfL registration issue

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:29 pm
by Brian K
DrT,

I don't know whether this will help but I never enter rego information. Copy the relevant .ini to the setup folder (the folder containing makedisk.exe).
This works for IFL, IFD, BIBM, IFU.

During makedisk you will be asked if you want to use the .ini.

Re: IfL registration issue

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm
by Bob Coleman
DrTeeth wrote:

>
> I assume that the 64 bit version has some advantage over the 32
> bit version? If so, what are they please?
>
Very minor point and probably sort of off topic, but I discovered that I slightly prefer the 64 bit version because, at least on my system, it has a slightly larger font in the GUI.

Re: IfL registration issue

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 pm
by mjnelson99
Can you change the font size? I know I have in the past.
Mary

On 5/22/2018 5:30 PM, Bob Coleman wrote:
> DrTeeth wrote:
>
>>
>> I assume that the 64 bit version has some advantage over the 32
>> bit version? If so, what are they please?
>>
> Very minor point and probably sort of off topic, but I discovered that I slightly prefer the 64 bit version because, at least on my system, it has a slightly larger font in the GUI.
>
>

Re: IfL registration issue

Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 am
by Brian K
DrT,

You side stepped Paul's question about the ISO. How does the ISO relate to a USB flash drive?

Re: IfL registration issue

Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:58 am
by DrTeeth
On Wed, 23 May 2018 04:14:36 EDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
Brian K disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>You side stepped Paul's question about the ISO. How does the ISO relate to a USB flash drive?

Brian,

I am not using any ISO. I am using makedisk to write directly to the
flash drive.

I have rarely used Rufus to create a bootable drive from the ISO.

If you want to know more, please just ask. I know human error could be
a factor, but when it is something that I have done for years and I
took extra care the second time thinking I had made a mistake the
first time, human error does not seem likely.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Re: IfL registration issue

Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 am
by Brian K
All OK. I was distracted by ISO being mentioned in your first post.