Page 3 of 3
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:07 pm
by TAC109
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:51:50 PST, Brian K wrote:
>Tom,
>
>I can be thick at times and it all does make sense now. But I had trouble with lines like this ..
>
>(set dat=Q:\)
>
>I know it is explained in the preceding text but the parentheses ( ) confused me. I initially thought I should leave ( ) alone. I think if the line was..
>
>set dat=Q:\
>
>then I would have succeeded on the first attempt. Otherwise it works fine. Feedback from others would be helpful.
I use the parentheses to guard against the user inadvertently
including trailing spaces in the 'set' statements. They would be
difficult to spot, and could cause problems when the code ran.
Whereas, with the 'set's in parentheses (or quotes as used further
down in IFW_Env), surplus spaces become quite obvious inside the
brackets, and don't affect anything if they're outside.
Thanks for the feedback.
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm
by Brian K
Tom, thanks. I didn't know that.
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:02 am
by TAC109
Version 3.04 enhances the 'Display backup statistics' option to show actual file names, including comments.
Download from:-
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37301092/IFW_Backup.zip
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:06 pm
by TAC109
Version 3.05 fixes a rare situation where the backup fails but the backup file still exists.
Download from:-
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37301092/IFW_Backup.zip
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 pm
by TeraByte Support
I'm going to move/post this as sticky in the scripting group....
"TAC109" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Version 3.05 fixes a rare situation where the backup fails but the backup
file still exists.
Download from:-
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37301092/IFW_Backup.zip
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm
by TAC109
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:29:17 PST, "TeraByte Support"
wrote:
>I'm going to move/post this as sticky in the scripting group....
>
Many thanks
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:12 pm
by TAC109
Updated version:-
"20-Feb-2012 Vn 3.06 Corrected some displayed messages in the
Options dialogues."
Download from:-
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37301092/IFW_Backup.zip
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:32 pm
by TAC109
Updated version:
06-Mar-2012 Vn 3.07 Minor enhancements.
- Tidied up some displays.
- Added "Elapsed time" displays for defrag and backup.
- Allow this package to be used with Windows 2000
as tests show it to be compatible.
>
>Download from:-
>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37301092/IFW_Backup.zip
>
Re: IFW_Backup Batch File Scripts
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:35 pm
by TAC109
There have been quite a few updates since I last posted to this
thread. See the main post in the 'Scripting' forum for more details.
Latest update:
27-Aug-2012 Vn 3.12 Bug fix / enhancements.
- Old stand-alone logs are now deleted correctly.
- Further checks are made on the IFW_Env file prior to using, in an
attempt to make IFW_Backup more resilient to any format errors.
- There is a new 'Maintain control files' sub-menu in the Options
menu, with a new 'Change backup folder name' option. The menu
items have been rearranged accordingly.
- Multiple disks on a system can now be backed up in the one run
without having to set up additional IFW_Env.cmd files.
(Run IFW_Env_Update.cmd to update your IFW_Env.cmd file(s)
and see the enhanced 'set par?' statement in the updated file.)
Updated version available at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37301092/IFW_Backup.zip