is your GA board at the latest BIOS version. There were some older ones
which had some issues in their BIOS int 13h interface.
"tas3086" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I have tried several times to recreate the problem, but no success.
I have noticed the following:
While I use /:d... for all base and file settings, when I use /sch:0x file
and base image.exe states that /:b is being used.
When I use /sch:b0x.. image exe states that /b: is being used.
When I use sch:d0x.. image exe states that /d: is being used.
I have added sch:d0x.. permanently to my script as it seems that d: gives
me slightly better performance. Logl: is now set at 4.
It is also interesting that I have used these setting for many months, and
dozens of combines on multiple partitions. This was the first one that
indicated any error, and mysteriously worked without the /sch: option being
specified, and failed with it being specified.
I like to configure my scripts with all the default options, just in case I
need to change something in the future. I do not need to use /sch: at all,
as all of my backup files are on the same hard drive partition. Should I
just remove that option from my script until I actually need to use it?
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard. It unfortunately changes the hard
drive disk numbers, depending on how bios is configured, and if I have pen
drives, SD cards, external USB drives connected at boot time. That's why I
created a script to hunt for and use the correct hard drive and partition
numbers based on Partition names.
Iterative backups could possibly have a different hardware(source) drive
number, even though it is the same physical disk. Is it possible that /sch
could be checking the hardware ID numbers? ( I really doubt this as all
partition backups occur using the system configuration as of Saturday AM.
Only one of the partition backups experienced a problem. If it were a drive
numbering problem, all would change.)