Page 16 of 19
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 8:59 pm
by Brian K
Fixboot.tbs should act on the ESP on the 8100. That's where the Microsoft.xxx are located. Do you mean fixboot.tbs created an ESP on the 860?
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 9:07 pm
by Brian K
Is your 8100 Hard Drive 0 in BIU?
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 9:10 pm
by Brian K
My ESP is on HD 0 in one computer and HD 4 in another computer. As seen in BIU.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 9:19 pm
by Friendly
When I ran fixboot.tbs, it rebuilt a new EFI on the 860, which I believe was about 512MB in size.
I’m not sure which post it was, but I mentioned it to PP. I feel like I’ve gotten too invested in this, and in the end, I’ll just run two extra drives, a scratch disk and a test disk.
Since the BIOS shows different sizes and brands, telling them apart won’t be an issue. What I thought would be simple turned into more of a struggle, at least for me

So this time, I’ll stick with what’s worked for me

This shouldn’t be so difficult, but for me, it is
Brian, I have to say, I got more help from you than I expected, and I’m grateful for that. I’ll keep in touch.
Thank you again.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 9:22 pm
by Brian K
You missed this...
Is your 8100 Hard Drive 0 in BIU?
My ESP is on HD 0 in one computer and HD 4 in another computer. As seen in BIU.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 10:25 pm
by Brian K
If your ESP and Win11 are not on HD0 then my fixboot.tbs instructions on page 10 are incorrect. If your ESP and Win11 are on HD1 then follow this. My HD4 would be your HD1.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 10:26 pm
by Brian K
More
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 2:06 am
by Friendly
Sorry for the delayed reply, I got quite busy.
Thanks, Brian, for the screenshots. I’ll give it another try, I can’t seem to leave it alone, and sorry I’ll respond to your question soon, just short on time right now.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 2:14 am
by Brian K
In the following screenshots Win11 and the ESP are on HD0. The copy is on HD1.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 2:16 am
by Brian K
More