userX disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>You can continue doing that if you really need to for some reason, but, honestly, it sounds like you are mixing up the apples with the oranges, and that is no way to keep track of something as important as your backup files.
I am not using incrementals at all at the moment, mainly because David
was *so* against them in the past and the file-type confusion. I had
requested incrementals in the past and was advised that it would never
happen (or words to that effect).
I currently have the full backup and all differentials in the same
folder - one folder for each OS/partition. Cannot see any downside to
this. I backup to an internal hard disk then copy (mirror) to an
external USB 3 disk.
Before using IfW, I used another backup utility that did a fine job of
keeping track of all the different backups and independencies IIRC -
either through file names or through some program interface so.
IMHO, having a program not differentiate between the two types of
backups is just silly and "no way to keep track of something as
important as your backup files"
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).