Re: linux backup using partition names worked
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 pm
Eric, thank you very much. That was the problem(and a few other parameter things) . Tested it and it worked fine.
I was surprised that linux would be able to detect the dos and EMBR partition names that I had assigned to my drives. Backups were successfully made using partition names !
Now, all I need is a foolproof way to detect whether I am running under DOS or LINUX. I could use GETTRIVE() and see if there is a ":" in the result, but if I were running from a TBOS mounted drive like 0:, I might make the wrong assumption.
Thanks again
I was surprised that linux would be able to detect the dos and EMBR partition names that I had assigned to my drives. Backups were successfully made using partition names !
Now, all I need is a foolproof way to detect whether I am running under DOS or LINUX. I could use GETTRIVE() and see if there is a ":" in the result, but if I were running from a TBOS mounted drive like 0:, I might make the wrong assumption.
Thanks again