Page 2 of 2
Re: Partition ID
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:40 pm
by Brian K
In embr.txt there is
D) Run "EMBR 0 PID <oldid> <newid>
e.g. EMBR 0 PID 0x03 0xBF
In BIBM scripting, if you enter
exec embr.exe
you will see all the options.
Re: Partition ID
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:27 pm
by Bob Coleman
Is there any way to change the id of a volume (logical partition)?
A command such as
EMBR 0 PID 0x03 0xBF
works on a primary partition, but seems to have no effect on a volume.
Re: Partition ID
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:36 pm
by TeraByte Support
If you use "volume sequence" option the ID will be the order of the volumes.
From what I recall there is a way to set the volume id (lower byte)
somewhere - I'll try to remember to look for it...
TBOSDT has options to change the IDs.
"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Is there any way to change the id of a volume (logical partition)?
A command such as
EMBR 0 PID 0x03 0xBF
works on a primary partition, but seems to have no effect on a volume.
Re: Partition ID
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:52 pm
by Bob Coleman
"volume sequence" option where?
Re: Partition ID
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:13 am
by TeraByte Support
in setting "sequential volume ids"
"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
"volume sequence" option where?
Re: Partition ID
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 pm
by Bob Coleman
OK, I see that in IFD settings now, but it's not really relevant. The ID of the volume in question didn't get assigned by IFD. Due to some partition rearrangement in BIBM Partition Work, I ended up with a volume on which I create images with an id of 301. Its counterpart had been 3EA. I'm not sure when or how that got assigned and it doesn't matter. The 301 appears to have been assigned because the volume was created as part of rearranging I was doing. When I was finished with that, 301 remained and 3EA was gone. What I wanted to do was change 301 to 3EA to match a number of backup scripts. It's an academic issue for now since I've instead changed 3EA to 301 in all the scripts.