Re: PHYlock failures - related to Windows Update?
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 pm
In PHYLOCK settings, "Use Disk Storage" is checked.
The backup is for drive C only. Drive C has 34G free on a 100G disk.
CHKDSK report no problems.
What other reasons could cause PHYlock to attempt to use RAM instead of disk?
I have 4G of RAM on this WIn7 32-bit system. PHYlock RAM Cache size is 10240 K bytes (10Mbyte). Is there any reason I should not just raise RAM cache by a factor of 10X to 100Mbytes? Firefox normally runs at 200Mbytes of RAM, so maybe IFW should get similar.
On the other hand I get error messages like "[11/02/2012 1:00:19 pm] Unable to start PHYLock for drive C:
You may need to reduce the cache size. ".
Under what circumstances is the cache too big?
The backup is for drive C only. Drive C has 34G free on a 100G disk.
CHKDSK report no problems.
What other reasons could cause PHYlock to attempt to use RAM instead of disk?
I have 4G of RAM on this WIn7 32-bit system. PHYlock RAM Cache size is 10240 K bytes (10Mbyte). Is there any reason I should not just raise RAM cache by a factor of 10X to 100Mbytes? Firefox normally runs at 200Mbytes of RAM, so maybe IFW should get similar.
On the other hand I get error messages like "[11/02/2012 1:00:19 pm] Unable to start PHYLock for drive C:
You may need to reduce the cache size. ".
Under what circumstances is the cache too big?