Page 2 of 2

Re: Trouble Copying Main Drive/Boot Drive

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 pm
by DrTeeth
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 09:13:42 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support" disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

>probably image for linux or image for windows but maybe image for dos.
>copywipe shouldn't be faster than any of them.

Worked okay, but I had a little problem. Thank goodness for a large
spares box. I had problems booting after replacing my original drive
with the new one. Cutting a long story short *always* have spare SATA
cables, preferably new ones with a clip-lock, when playing with hard
drives. They are very delicate and nowhere near as robust as PATA
connectors.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose to dance
in the puddles (Jewish proverb).