Re: Can't install OS to New Partition
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 am
Thanks for the replies, this raises a couple of questions.
"Double check your boot item and ensure you don't have bios sequence or next
bios device checked."
** Are you refering to the Boot Details or One Time Option? In the manual it instructs to choose one of those options in the One Time Option?
"ensure the order of the partitions match the
boot.ini in the partition."
** I found the Edit Files in the Work With Partitions area but in the XP partition all it shows is a directory named System Volume Information with a Tracking Log, no Boot.ini file.
A Side Note - Wish you guys at Support would do a new tutorial that demonstrates adding a new OS to an existing Win 7 configuration. The video you refered me to is for installing XP as the first OS, I'm sure adding an OS to Win 7 is far more common these days and a bit more complex. I get the impression here that I am the first person to attempt this because there doesn't seem to be a clear and organized path to getting this accomplished.
"Double check your boot item and ensure you don't have bios sequence or next
bios device checked."
** Are you refering to the Boot Details or One Time Option? In the manual it instructs to choose one of those options in the One Time Option?
"ensure the order of the partitions match the
boot.ini in the partition."
** I found the Edit Files in the Work With Partitions area but in the XP partition all it shows is a directory named System Volume Information with a Tracking Log, no Boot.ini file.
A Side Note - Wish you guys at Support would do a new tutorial that demonstrates adding a new OS to an existing Win 7 configuration. The video you refered me to is for installing XP as the first OS, I'm sure adding an OS to Win 7 is far more common these days and a bit more complex. I get the impression here that I am the first person to attempt this because there doesn't seem to be a clear and organized path to getting this accomplished.