Tap F8 on startup and choose to disable automatic reboot, that will show the
BSOD.
If you don't get that far to see a BSOD with automatic reboot enabled
(reboot right when windows come together), it can be a virus in the MBR,
boot to BootIt, cancel setup, go to partition work, view mbr, win7 mbr,
apply.
Also, sometimes when you enable RAID in the BIOS then the windows driver
goes to sync stuff, it messes things up. You can restore with the RAID
configured (I presume you must have had the RAID drivers installed otherwise
windows would BSOD as well).
"GordonM" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Unfortunately, "last known good configuaration" is no better than the other
options (they all behave in the same way). The boot process doesn't get as
far as the Welcome screen and just goes back to the beginning. I am going
to try a "repair". I hope this works with a RAID confguaration, I don't see
why it shouldn't.
Is there any history of IFW causing this sort of thing (I had just installed
2.62)? I suspect that this was a coincidence.
Gordon