Page 2 of 2

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2026 8:52 pm
by Brian K
Fingers crossed.

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2026 10:04 pm
by Brian K
Flag 55 should still be set.

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2026 10:49 pm
by plain
I'm most grateful to report your solution of not hiding OS in its own BootEdit properties was the answer! Thanks so much Brian! I guess one plus out of this is i learned a lot about what Secure Boot settings will look like in several different circumstances so that's a plus!

I don't know why I thought this was okay to do since I don't have this kind of trouble with BootItBM but it is probably because I knew better than hiding stuff willy-nilly. I'm just glad I didn't wipe my SSD into extinction before I got help to figure it out.... :)

And Yes, both OS'es have 55 flag checked.. Thanks again!

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2026 11:23 pm
by Brian K
That's great news, plain.

You have probably done this but in the Win10 Boot Item, have Win11 hidden and vice versa for the Win11 Boot Item.

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2026 12:29 am
by plain
Yes, I did this hiding one from the other.. Again Thank You so much!

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2026 1:25 am
by Brian K
When you install Ubuntu, it's much the same as a MBR install. Use the Something Else choice. Install the Boot Loader into the EFI System partition.

Edit... Read about installing MOK before you start.

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2026 7:25 pm
by plain
Will do. Appreciate the help!