Backing Up Entire PC
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
Thank you I will try it
Last edited by Friendly on Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
I just tried that (Backup script 1.08) and a command window pops up and disappears (and nothing else happens). The window disappears too quickly to read what it said. Is there a way to pipe the message out so I can read it?TeraByte Support wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:57 pm If you go to utilities / ready to run scripts / backup script - that script is to backup multiple drives.
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
Its not letting me do anything.
- Attachments
-
- Untitled.png (73.91 KiB) Viewed 16052 times
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
Got it working. Thank you both very much 
- Attachments
-
- Untitled.jpg (229.93 KiB) Viewed 16048 times
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
Friendly, are you trying to create a backup file on one of the drives your trying to backup? Even if it works, that is a really bad idea. With very few exceptions, you should always backup your data to a different drive than the one you're backing up.
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
Good observation and thank you. Yes, on the screen I'm just testing and that is my PC, but on my wife's PC I will use totally different drive to store the backup file on it.
Thank you again for reaching out with help.
Thank you again for reaching out with help.
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
Just did my wife's work PC and it worked with flying colors. I'm very happy
with both, Terabyte software and forums support.
Thank you again.
Thank you again.
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
I'll have to check that TeraByte Backup script out sometime.
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
I am VERY confused--a PC user, not a programmer who writes scripts, so please hear me out.
I downloaded the trial version of Image for Windows yesterday. It appears to be version 4.09 (x64). I have attempted to create a script using several hints I have found online, but I am not sure if it is viable. I looked for "Backup Script 1.08", mentioned on this thread, whatever it is, but I can't find it. Also on this thread, it is noted that "If you go to utilities / ready to run scripts / backup script - that script is to backup multiple drives." The utilities in the version I downloaded does NOT have that option, as well. So I am at a loss.
I want to back up three hard drives--a complete image of each one--and have this automated so that when all is said and done all three hard drives have been backed up to images on a fourth hard drive. Following is my attempt at a script to do what I want to do, by creating three cmd files within Image for Windows and them combining them into a .bat file. However, I am not sure I did it correctly.
Here is my script:
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w9 /f:"S:\Backup-w9-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w1 /f:"S:\Backup-w1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w0 /f:"S:\Backup-w0-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs
So will this work? If there is an error in my script, would you be able to correct it for me, please? I was able to do this auto0matically (no need for me to write scripts) using several other backup software packages, but due to a number of reasons I now am interested in Terabyte Image for Windows, and the sooner I can achieve what I want the sooner I can pay for this software.
Thank you in advance.
I downloaded the trial version of Image for Windows yesterday. It appears to be version 4.09 (x64). I have attempted to create a script using several hints I have found online, but I am not sure if it is viable. I looked for "Backup Script 1.08", mentioned on this thread, whatever it is, but I can't find it. Also on this thread, it is noted that "If you go to utilities / ready to run scripts / backup script - that script is to backup multiple drives." The utilities in the version I downloaded does NOT have that option, as well. So I am at a loss.
I want to back up three hard drives--a complete image of each one--and have this automated so that when all is said and done all three hard drives have been backed up to images on a fourth hard drive. Following is my attempt at a script to do what I want to do, by creating three cmd files within Image for Windows and them combining them into a .bat file. However, I am not sure I did it correctly.
Here is my script:
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w9 /f:"S:\Backup-w9-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w1 /f:"S:\Backup-w1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w0 /f:"S:\Backup-w0-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /comp:43 /ckfs
So will this work? If there is an error in my script, would you be able to correct it for me, please? I was able to do this auto0matically (no need for me to write scripts) using several other backup software packages, but due to a number of reasons I now am interested in Terabyte Image for Windows, and the sooner I can achieve what I want the sooner I can pay for this software.
Thank you in advance.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Backing Up Entire PC
The ready to run scripts are not in the trial version since they are based on TBScript.
As far as the .bat scripts, looks like it would work provided you actually have a drive 9. You may want to enable the "Output Disk ID to Command Line" if your drives change then let the program create your command line (buttons on summary screen).
Since this is a traditional mode type backup, you'd have to manage the files yourself, you may want to add the /purge option (see manual for details).
Also, for scripts you typically use /uy /um after the /b (if you let the program create the command line it will do it for you). That ensures it doesn't come up with prompt that needs to be answered, it defaults to answering with "yes".
If you want the program to automatically handle the files for you, enable simple operations mode, then save / use those command lines instead (again from the summary screen).
As far as the .bat scripts, looks like it would work provided you actually have a drive 9. You may want to enable the "Output Disk ID to Command Line" if your drives change then let the program create your command line (buttons on summary screen).
Since this is a traditional mode type backup, you'd have to manage the files yourself, you may want to add the /purge option (see manual for details).
Also, for scripts you typically use /uy /um after the /b (if you let the program create the command line it will do it for you). That ensures it doesn't come up with prompt that needs to be answered, it defaults to answering with "yes".
If you want the program to automatically handle the files for you, enable simple operations mode, then save / use those command lines instead (again from the summary screen).