Page 2 of 2

Re: Bug Report IfW v3.61

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:58 pm
by OldNavyGuy
brahman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:42 pm Steps to reproduce it (Win 11 21H2):
Open imagew64.exe
Click on "Copy" > Next
Check a disk or partition
Click Next > Previous
Repeat Click Next > Previous 5 times
I can reproduce it on Windows 10 22H2.

Re: Bug Report IfW v3.61

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:13 pm
by OldNavyGuy
"I cannot upgrade to 22H2 because Windows Update doesn't suggest the update (and I tried numerous tricks). Also manual download and in-place upgrade is stopped with an error code. So I am actually wishing for a working forced upgrade"

Off topic, but thought I would mention it...

If anyone upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 using the Rufus ISO "tricks" to bypass the system hardware requirements checks, an in-place upgrade won't work.

And...a clean install of Windows 11 won't work...because the system doesn't meet the hardware requirements.

Some folks will be in for a rude awakening if they need to repair, or reinstall Windows 11.

Re: Bug Report IfW v3.61

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:04 am
by brahman
I am relieved you could reproduce the problem.

I hope @TeraByte Support will be able to see this development and note it down as a bug.

Re. your OT comment:
My system when bought at Amazon had Win 11 pre-installed and definitely passes the requirements as I checked it with the corresponding Microsoft utility.

I asked a question at Amazon if other people could upgrade to 22H2 and they said yes, they could without problem. So it must be something wrong with my configuration, I just don't know what.

Re: Bug Report IfW v3.61

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:39 am
by OldNavyGuy
brahman wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:04 am I am relieved you could reproduce the problem.

I hope @TeraByte Support will be able to see this development and note it down as a bug.
I would consider it a low priority cosmetic bug, as you have to jump through several hoops to trigger it.

brahman wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:04 am So it must be something wrong with my configuration, I just don't know what.
Run the following (one at a time) in an elevated Command prompt -

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /SCANNOW

You might also run the Windows Update Troubleshooter -

Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional Troubleshooters > Windows Update

Windows 11 needs 64 GB of storage available to install.

Re: Bug Report IfW v3.61

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:44 am
by TeraByte Support
Can't reproduce here.

I would guess the control is not returning the actual row heights - maybe you have some video options enabled that cause that to happen?

Re: Bug Report IfW v3.61

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:53 am
by OldNavyGuy
The OP mentioned using custom scaling at 175%.

I'm using custom scaling at 125%.

Re: Bug Report IfW v3.61

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:12 pm
by TeraByte Support
I tried a 125% scaled monitor as well, couldn't reproduce. It must be something installed or video setting that causes a control to return inconsistent sizes for row heights (or space after).