Since writing below I set the computer to boot from the harddrive first and there was no change in my ability to get the BiNG screen on boot. It will not activate.
I have tried going into the Partition work setup and deleting the EMBR and
then reinstalling Bootit. I still am not getting the Bootit screen when
booting. It goes immediately to the OS. I have the EMBR on harddrive 0 and
it is at the very end of the drive, where it has always been. It seems that
it is not being "seen", as after installing, when I boot again using the
BING disk, it still gives me the Update button as the only one I can use. I
also don't get the "uninstall" option in the menus at the top, which leads
me to believe it isn't being seen as installed.
I stated in an earlier email that my Windows7 is on HD1 and that is the disk
the is booting, but that setup has worked until a few days ago with no
problem.
My computer is set to boot from a CD if one is inserted but then goes to the
harddrive. I've always had this setup and until a couple days ago have
never had problems with BING. The EMBR has always been where it is located.
I somehow think that something was changed when I tried to repair the
Windows 7 boot problems by using the Win7 disk repair option. As stated
earlier, that did not fix the problem and I was only able to recover Win7 by
restoring my IFW backup and telling it to write the bootfiles and make the
disk active.
Is there anything else I can do to get the partitions back that are now
under Windows8 but not visible...and ultimately to get back my use of BIING?
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
When you've booted to install/upgrade, check what HD0 is and go ahead and
upgrade/reinstall, then ensure your BIOS is setup to boot that HD first. On
boot you'll see BootIt EMBRI if it's booting from the MBR that contains the
BootIt Startup followed by BootIIt EMBRL once it's transfer to that boot
code, finally the please wait ... and the GUI showing (or if IT mode is
enabled, booting to the OS).
As far as Win8, it is beta, and I would surely disable "hybrid boot" to
start with to see if it takes care of your Win8 corruption problems.
"JoRene" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I have been trying out Windows 8 using bootitng as my boot manager and Win7
as the primary OS. Suddenly today when I tried to boot back into Windows 7
(after using Windows 8), I got an error message saying there was a problem
with the boot files and I needed to repair windows. I tried the repair and
it did not work.
Then I tried booting again and did not get the bootit screen so tried to
reinstall bootit from the disk. It showed the patrition where bootit is
installed and said it had set it up (I did not get the reinstate option that
I usually get after loosing the bootit menu). When I rebooted the computer,
I still did not get the bootit menu and have been unable to get it after
several tries to reinstall bootit.