Page 2 of 2

Re: How is drive wiping incorporated into IFW/IFL?

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:42 am
by The Seeker
I'm not sure whether I am wording my questions clumsily or if you are scanning what I have written - let me try again.
TeraByte Support wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:02 am It typically wakes but the fbdev doesn't enable the screen again.
I understand this, no need to explain further.
TeraByte Support wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:02 am If you start ssh (start-ssh) then you can use ssh to connect, password is ifl
This is the part I'm confused by. What exactly are you expecting me to do once I ssh in to my laptop. Can I perform a hardware wipe from the IFL terminal? I'm guessing you know that this is my goal, given that I replied in a thread specifically related to hardware wiping.

Re: How is drive wiping incorporated into IFW/IFL?

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:07 pm
by TeraByte Support
it's just a check to show that the system is up and running (some older systems may turn on but nothing actually works) and can be used (just a blank screen). You can also use another larger disto with completely different video setup to run partwork (provided required libs are available) to see if it will wake the screen.