Page 2 of 2

Re: MAJOR SCREWUP EMBR MISSING

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:51 am
by computrdummy
wish i did bob, not enuf storage to making full disk images. maybe I will buy another portable drive for that.

Re: MAJOR SCREWUP EMBR MISSING

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 am
by computrdummy
Bob, it's my mistake I admit it. It won't happen again. Not being my usual cautious self. It is an older version of mint so I should have known better.

Re: MAJOR SCREWUP EMBR MISSING

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am
by Brian K
computrdummy wrote:
> what is the best way to back it
> up in case this happens again. I don't have storage space to image the
> whole drive of 500gb. Thx your helpful replies.

I suggest you buy a large USB3 external HD. 2 TB is a good size and reasonably priced.

Create Entire Drive images. Full and differential.

Re: MAJOR SCREWUP EMBR MISSING

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:22 pm
by Bob Coleman
computrdummy wrote:

> Is there a way to image BOOTITBM itself or what is the best way to back it
> up in case this happens again.

Yes, you can image the BOOTITBM partition.

Re: MAJOR SCREWUP EMBR MISSING

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:02 am
by TeraByte Support
that be the correct one.

On 9/19/2020 8:03 PM, computrdummy wrote:
> Ok I found this on searching. Am I right that this covers my situation?
>
> [
> https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=231
> ](https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=231)
>
>
>